Here’s the Robin Hood from the 1940s, with the very visible McMullen’s sign. The pub is obviously much older, starting business back in 1779. At that time there was a row of cottages on the land, which was owned by a certain Underwood Males. His son also ran a farm behind the pub. This pub has proved popular with cyclists and walkers - and evidently the Home Guard during WW2.