During the 1700s and 1800s Bury Farm was the largest in Codicote, with over 398 acres. The Bury itself was the farmhouse until late Victorian times, when a new farmhouse was built on the opposite side of the road (pulled down in the 1950s). Back in the 19th century, there would have been about 20 men and a dozen horses working the land. These included a certain Will Knight, who started work in the late 19th century, and retired some 72 years later in the 1950s, still on the same farm! The farm passed through various hands over the years, including the Brocketís, and was finally bought by Nup End Farm in 1958. The Bury itself has since been converted into sheltered housing.