Here’s one of Codicote’s lesser known and smaller pubs that have long since been converted into housing. The pub stems from Victorian times if not before. Towards the latter part of the 19th century a Joseph Males took over The Plough and the adjacent bakers in Bakers Alley. The pub stayed open till WW1, but suffered from declining trade, just like others. In 1919 this pub was also taken over by Greens Brewery and closed. A plaque now marks its historic past.